What is proper oral hygiene?
Subject to the rules of oral hygiene mouth is healthy and breathing - a fresh and pleasant. This means that:
• The teeth look clean and free of tartar
• Gums are pink, do not hurt and do not bleed during brushing or flossing
• Bad breath is not a constant problem
Dental union encourages the patient to visit dentist for professional cleaning 2 times per year.
Oral care is unsatisfactory: regularly, twice a day, 38% of adults brush their teeth. In children, these figures are much worse: only 3% of 6-year-olds and 10% of 12-year-olds caring for their teeth twice a day. In general, 3.5% of parents and 40% of children 6 years and 20% of children 12 years of age do not brush their teeth at all.
• 90% of parents do not monitor the quality of brushing their children.
Professional oral hygiene provide by dentist includes:
• treatment plan and individual prevention program
• Professional oral hygiene
• remineralized therapy (ftor- and use calcium and phosphorus containing drugs)
Individual prevention program:
• Selecting the best method of teeth cleaning
• selection means and tools to help mature optimal results
• control of hygiene, and if necessary correction hygiene habits