Bad breath. Causes and Solution.
Impressions of the person can be completely spoiled halitosis. This annoying nuance significantly affects the quality of communication with someone, because after every spoken phrase, breath turns foul odor that does not relax and get to the core of the conversation. But if you are faced with this problem - this is not a reason to always keep your mouth closed and to avoid contact with others, preferably as soon as possible to proceed to address this problem, and you need to find out why it occurs.
Bad breath is called galitoz. Because this issue is relevant to many people, it is important to know why there is bad breath and, not least, how to remove.
Causes halitoze (odor)
Below are the main causes of bad breath:
- Inadequate oral hygiene, in which case get stuck between the teeth of food particles, which eventually begin to rot;
- Diseases of the teeth and oral cavity (caries, gingivitis, etc.);
- Products containing volatile sulfur compounds (such as onions or garlic);
- Availability of various diseases such as liver failure, kidney failure, diabetes or lung abscess and nasal disease;
- Dry oral mucosa, which can cause various types of diseases and used drugs.
Ways to get rid of bad breath
Bad breath occurs mainly due to the growth of bacteria and formation of their metabolic products.
Simple causes of bad breath can be eliminated through:
- Compliance with proper oral hygiene;
- Regular rid of plaque, stone, teeth cleaning and treatment of teeth and gums - that visiting the dentist;
- Nutrition, which is dominated by fruits and vegetables;
- Use regular toothpaste, rinse for mouth and dental floss;
- Cleaning language in the process of cleaning the teeth;
- Drinking a lot of water (helps fight dry mouth);
- Use herbs (such as parsley, dill, cinnamon, St. John's wort, chamomile, mint, oak bark, wormwood, strawberry leaves, seeds of anise, clove leaves) as fresh and in the form of infusions.
If conventional methods eliminate bad breath does not help, then his reason is a serious disease of any of them. If you regularly take care of oral health and visit the dentist, but you can not get rid of bad breath, you should be screened for the presence of any disease.
Products that can cause bad breath
1. Dairy products: bacteria like any dairy products, and after splitting bacteria such products released sulfur compounds, which is one of the causes of bad breath.
2. Garlic and onions: it is no secret that these two products are generally not desirable to use if you have to communicate with people. Sulfur compounds, which are rich in these products stand out not only with his mouth, but with the skin.
3. Coffee: flavored drink can trigger bad breath due to formation of excessively acidic environment in the mouth, which is a great place for bacteria.
4. Fish and Meat: food that contains high amounts of protein, good for the body as a whole, but promotes bacterial growth.
5. Alcohol and nicotine, alcohol is a major cause of dry mouth. And, as mentioned earlier, it can provoke bad breath.
- Balanced diet (also important to mention that the Low-carb diet promotes the breakdown of fat, resulting in the formation of ketone molecules that cause bad breath);
- Oral hygiene;
- Increased salivation (to increase salivation can use the following products: parsley, natural yoghurt, fruit (apples, pears, oranges) and green tea).
Again, that such prevention methods can not act if galitoz is the cause of serious diseases in the body. Therefore, if you are constantly worried about bad breath, the removal of which is not crowned with success, it is recommended to come to a professional oral hygiene.
by doctor Taras Ovchar
|Перелік робіт||Сума, (грн.)|